Each year, 3-4 million women are beaten and victimized by the partners in their lives who are supposed to love and support them. Although a majority of victims are women, men are also abused.
If you are a victim of domestic violence, you are not alone
Abuse…Physical, Emotional or Sexual. Abuse is about one person controlling another. It is a pattern of behavior. Many people do not think of themselves as being abused because they have not been hit. Does the person you love: slap, hit, anger easily, force sex, push, criticize you, call you names?
Green Gables Haven offers shelter
Green Gables Haven offers shelter for the abused woman and her children for up to 4 weeks. You can access the shelter 24 hours a day. While in the shelter residents are provided with personal needs items(Shampoo, conditioner, toothpaste, ect), food, and emergency transportation. Advocacy to assist in legal, medical, and social matters is available. Green Gables Haven will provide a temporary, secure, nurturing environment and support to enable victims of domestic violence in Barry County to make appropriate life altering changes.
Click here for more information.
Donate Via Venmo
GREEN GABLES HAVEN THANKS YOU
We can’t thank you enough for the support of the “Your Experiences Matter Raffle” – I LOVE WHERE I LIVE and today is just another reason why! This was a HUGE success thanks to all of you!
Congrats to our winners:
- GOING GOLFING – DEB BAKER
- FIREKEEPERS FEAST – ASHLEY KING
- ITS YOUR LUCKY DAY – ANGIE BAKER
- MAGICAL MANISTEE- SUSAN ZEERYP
- GROWING GLORY – DEBBIE MADOLE
- CRACKLING CAMPFIRE – JAMIE HAYS
- CARING Gift Card Tree – JAMIE HAYS
- TERRIFIC TIMBER – MICHAEL KINNARY
- BEAUTIFUL BUCKHORN – ROBERT RANES
- GREEN AND GOLD – NICOLE BOWMAN
- PICK YOUR EXPERIENCE – KRISTIN COVE
- KABREW – KAREN SLATKIN
- MAGNIFICIENT MACKINAW – MADDY BUEHLER
- EMBRACE THE BLUES – MICHAEL SMITH
- BEACH DAY AND MORE – AMANDA CASTELINE
- RED LIGHT FOR YOU – CHAD PRICE
- SOCK IT TO ME – DEBBIE MADOLE
- FEELING PRETTY – RENEE BEAUFORD
- FREEPORT FUN – TIM AND TRACY BAKER
- CATCHING CHRISTMAS – BRENDA STACY
- PLATTERS AND BOARDS – JEFF PRATT
- GREAT WOLF – DANIELLE STORRS
- GIVING TREE – TAMMY JOHNSON
- ANIMAL FUN – JENNY CUSACK
- DREAMINALS – ADA DUNKLEY
- LANTERN FOR THE SEASON – SHERRY HILL
- WICKED RIDGE – VINCE WOLF
- BONUS 28 – TIFFANY GREENFIELD
- BONUS 29 – DEB BUTTON
Again – no words can express our gratitude!!
Thank you for all you do!
Emergency Police: 911
- Barry County Sheriff’s Office: 269.948.4801
- Hastings Police: 269.945.5791
- Michigan State Police: 269.948.8283
- Barry County Prosecutor: 269.948.4850
- Pennock Hospital: 269.945.3451
Executive Director: Janie Bergeron
PO Box 388
Hastings, MI 49058
Sexual Assault Services
Toll-Free 24 Hour Crisis
News & Announcements
Our plan was to host our 19th Annual Charity Auction and Dinner on Saturday, February 13, 2021. Unfortunately, due to the continued uncertainty of COVID-19, it has been increasingly obvious we will not be able to host such an event. Green Gables Haven counts on this event annually as it is our largest fundraiser that […]
19th Annual Charity Auction & Dinner with a Twist! Our plan was to host our 19th Annual Charity Auction and Dinner on Saturday, February 13, 2021. Unfortunately, due to the continued uncertainty of COVID-19, it has been increasingly obvious we will not be able to host such an event. Green Gables Haven counts on this […]
“I cried a tear today, I wasn’t certain why. I cried a tear today, I thought of all those lies. I cried a tear today, my babies cried for me. I cried a tear today, they saw me weep and bleed. I cried a tear today, he held me very close. I cried a tear today, he sent me a beautiful rose. I cried a tear today, he was begging on his knees. I cried a tear today, he said, ‘baby please don’t leave’. I cried a tear today, I was lying underground. I cried a tear today, but there was no sound. I cried a tear today, this time it was for my kids for if I could have done it different, I surely would have.”
~ Me – resident of Green Gables Haven